Monday, June 22, 2009

Meaningless

Pallid faces on the train
Look like they stepped out of their caskets
Focused on some bottom line
In the economy section.
Ears deaf to the melody
Played by guitarists in the station.
Eyes blinded to the white clouds
Painting the cerulean horizon.
Crawling through the metal canyons,
Towers shutting out the light of day--
Few have kept their souls intact
But it's hardly worth it anyway.

What have we got to live for?
(Yeah, yeah, yeah)
What have we got to gain?
When the world puts emphasis on
What's impossible to obtain?
We're killing ourselves trying and we'll never attain
What we seek--
Oh, what have we got to live for?

2 comments:

  1. I wrote this at work last night. I feel like the guy who wrote Ecclesiastes--everything is meaningless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked what it's saying. Of course, you know me, I'd like a happy ending. :D Thought provoking is good too though. I think I'd have to hear the music to fully grasp the full meaning of the song. It just seems like one of those songs that needs the music to help it talk. :)

    ReplyDelete