Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Insomnia

Eyes drifting closed, but I can't sleep
Visions of you are still haunting me
Nightmares take over, or so it seems
Each moment of rest wracked by endless dreams

Rather than face the screams of those in torment
Instead of outrunning fictional foes
I live on caffeine at three in the morning
Fight for power, unwilling to let go

Insomnia
(No, I can't sleep)
Insomnia
(Bring daylight so I can see)
Insomnia
(At the end of my rope, save me)
Insomnia
(A shell of existence, of what used to be)

When I can't control any more
Demons are waiting, feet in the door
Wake up in a sweat, muscles are sore
Never in life have I been so unsure

1 comment:

  1. This was written in about ten minutes after three days of dream-laden sleep. Exhaustion had finally taken over, but sleep threatened to be filled with more of the same--dreams involving being chased or being on an endless quest...

    ReplyDelete